House selling is not an easy process. There are multiple things you need to be careful about. First, you need to decide on the method of house selling favorable for you. Then you have to make sure you have all the necessary documents. There are three methods you can choose from while selling the house. The most common method is traditional listing, selling it yourself, and accepting cash offers. You can choose the one suitable per the condition of the house. You can check https://www.thecashoffercompany.com/ to know more about one of the methods.
What are the documents necessary for selling the house?
- Property Deed: You need a legal document serving proof of ownership of the house.
- Property Tax Records: You need to give the details about the tax records of the house. You need to provide proof that all the taxes are cleared up to the date of selling.
- Homeowner’s Insurance Policy: There should be some proof of insurance for the house.
- Home Inspection Report: You need to hand over the details of the necessary repairs for the house.
- Disclosure Forms: This is mandatory according to the laws of certain places. It discloses the potential hazards of the property.
- Bill of Sale: A legal document that outlines the terms of the sale and transfers ownership from the seller to the buyer. This is necessary to transfer the ownership of the house.
- Utility Bill Information: Proof of utilities such as electricity, water, and gas, and their current status. This gives an estimate to the buyers about their monthly expenses.
- Repair and Improvement Invoices: Any receipts or invoices related to repairs or upgrades made to the property.
- Home Warranty: Some certain repairs and upgrades can be covered using the warranty. You need to provide the warranty details.
- Certificate of Occupancy: You need to provide the document that the house complies with the local area’s codes and fits its occupancy. It should be built based on the rules and regulations of the place. It should be safe according to the calamities faced by the place.